List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: Proposal for new KControl Tree Layout
From:       "Bart Szyszka" <bart () gigabee ! com>
Date:       2000-08-01 15:23:29

> The attachment below is a proposal for a new KControl layout.  It's
> all in text, so you shouldn't have problems reading it.
> I'd like everyone to look at it and give their thoughts and
> opinions.  The current Control Centre is not bad, but it certainly
> can be improved.

As a regular user, i.e. a non-programmer, I would find 'Fonts' and
'Font Manager' under "Look and Feel" confusing. Do I use Font
Manager to manage fonts, and if so then what does 'Fonts' do,
or am I just changing the settings of the Font Manager program?
If the latter is true, then maybe 'Font Manager' should go under
'Applications'? And if 'Font Manager' manages fonts, while 'Fonts'
just sets the font styles of things like the title bar text, menus,
etc. maybe 'Fonts' should be changed to something like "System
Font Styles" (which isn't such a good name, I know. I'm sure other
people here are better at this than I am).

--
Bart Szyszka  bart@gigabee.com  ICQ:4982727
GigaBee Interactive  http://www.gigabee.com