List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: Animated Menu's
From:       mosfet <mosfet () mandrakesoft ! com>
Date:       2000-05-08 11:51:50

Dan Pilone wrote:

> Previously written in blue crayon:
>  > Really, I think I am being quite fair by agreeing to have an effect in
>  > the standard style and allowing users to turn it on, then seeing how
>  > they react. I don't have much else to say.
>
>         Well Ptttthhhhhht... :)  Hehe.. seriously though, I can
> understand what you're saying about having a bunch of styles in there
> and all, and as long as the option to turn them on is available, then
> I'm not going to complain.  We got you to concede on not making mac
> menubar the default, so I figure it's 1 to 1.  :) -- Dan

Hey, I never said we should make the mac menubar default - just that it
was better ;-) There are too many Windoze users out there :P

Look at all the things I like but and not pushing to make default: Mac
button layout, System or B2 KWin style, Iconboxes instead of taskbars,
global menubars, etc... This is why I get kindof frustrated when I say
we could include something but should have it off by default and people
complain. Most of the stuff *I* like is not on by default either!
Despite what people have been saying, this is because I want to do what
is the best for the users, not just for me. That means not enabling
stuff by default that users can find hard to use or annoying, not
enabling whatever you personally prefer.

http://www.mosfet.org - The place for KDE development news.
mosfet@mandrakesoft.com
mosfet@kde.org