List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: KDE from a usability look
From:       Michael van der Westhuizen <michael () mudpuppies ! co ! za>
Date:       2000-04-16 19:51:29

David Faure wrote:

> On Sun, Apr 16, 2000 at 01:06:01PM +0200, Thomas Zander wrote:
> > The file->new->"File system device" could have a better name, what about "Drive \
> > Icon"
>
> In theory one could use that to mount partitions too... but I am open
> to suggestions, especially since I'm not a native speaker. Drive Icon sounds
> a bit strange though, no ?

Yes, and remember, this *is* a UNIX desktop, not DOS/Windows, so filesystem is more \
correct, as drives are just one  part of the filesystem heirarchy. IMHO there is no \
real need to implement a tired and not completely relevant metaphor from another \
operating system...

Michael

--
Michael van der Westhuizen