List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: * Proposal: Dialup-Manager for KDE2 *
From:       Bjoern Kahl <Bjoern.Kahl () kiel ! netsurf ! de>
Date:       2000-04-05 20:59:35

On 05-Apr-00 Gerald Preissler wrote:
>  Bjoern,
>
>  as you mentioned in your proposal there are many users that have a
>  small network at home. I'd guess more often than not in those nets
>  the
>  internet gateway is a seperate box sitting in some corner that does
>  not run X, let alone KDE. So the dialmanager that you mentioned
>  should
>  be able to run on a box without xwindows installed at all.

 Hallo !

 That is the 2. reason, why I suggested a separated dialmanager.
 That backend-dialmanager is already finished (since december 1999 :-) )
 and I am using it. See:
 http://home.netsurf.de/bjoern.kahl/knetmgr/translated/netmgrd_ueb_1.html

 What I try to do now is, to integrate this in the kio-system.
 (That is, the system should take care if a connection is neede for a
  given job, not every application on its own.) See:
 <http://home.netsurf.de/bjoern.kahl/knetmgr/index_eng.html>

>  I don't know if you are aware of Stefan Fuchs' dialcontrol-package (
>  http://homepage.swissonline.net/allenfuchs/stefan/dc/ ). Maybe this
>  can fit in there somehow.

 Will take a look.

 Bjoern