List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: remote tar.gz in kfm (was Re: your mail)
From:       Tomas Furmonavicius <f1926 () kaunas ! aiva ! lt>
Date:       1999-11-01 8:16:46

On Mon, 01 Nov 1999, Calvin Ostrum wrote:

> I myself have been a little alarmed to hear of the extra
> memory requirements appareantly entailed by the use of
> exceptions.

You can recompile everything (well, almost everything) with exception handling
disabled, and KDE will fly with 32MB of RAM (I'm talking about KDE 1.xx,
haven't tried latest KDE2 without Corba).

It's a pity, that all distributions ships KDE 1.xx with exception handling
enabled (and that exception  handling is not used at all)- it gives KDE bad name
of beeing bloated.

Tomas