List:       kde-devel
Subject:    KWizard replaced
From:       Harri Porten <porten () tu-harburg ! de>
Date:       1999-06-29 22:41:10

Hi !

I just kicked out the self-written version of KWizard from kdelibs/kdeui
and replaced it with a light wrapper around QWizard. The wrapper does
only use our i18n() function to translate the Next, Back, Cancel, Finish
and Help buttons.

I've grep'ed my local sources for the use of KWizard and ensured that
they still compile. The old version's layout managment is broken btw.

o kdenetwork/kppp: fully converted to the new version.

o kdenetwork/ksirc/pws: added the old kwizard.{cpp|h} files to keep it
functional. I'll look into converting it but if someone knows a bit more
about pws than I he's invited to go ahead.

o kdegraphics/kiconedit: added the old kwizard _and_ knotebook. They are
entwined too much to rip them apart. Tomas (the author of all three of
them) told me that he currently has no time to help.

o kdenonbeta/pws: isn't converted to the HEAD branch yet so it will want
to work with the 1.1 libkdeui anyway.

If I have missed any occurence (I don't have the whole CVS) or you have
any questions regarding a conversion of your application, feel free to
contact me. I'll update KDE2PORTING.

There are still other classes that seem to be only used in kiconedit
(KTabBar, KDirectionButton). We should talk about them.

Harri.