List:       kde-devel
Subject:    QString or QCString for file names?
From:       iglio () fub ! it (Pietro Iglio)
Date:       1999-06-22 8:26:49

It is my understanding that any string that can be displayed must be
of type
QString. My question is: can I use QCString for file names and paths?

AFAIK Linux and other UNIX file systems do not use unicode chars for
file names.
QFileInfo::filePath()/fileName() and other similar methods, however,
return QString.

I apologize if this has already been discussed.

-- Pietro