List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: LIB_KFM
From:       David Faure <david.faure () insa-lyon ! fr>
Date:       1999-06-03 13:55:40

> BTW: wasn't it planned to share the data between kpanel, kdesktop and
> konqueror?
> As far as I understood the debug info each and every application starts
> parsing
> from scratch.
It's planned but not yet fully done.

konqueror is done for the moment : it still loads all mimetypes
(needs it for each and every icon !)
but doesn't load applnk anymore. It uses kded instead.
Same for kdesktop.

Note that the debug info is misleading : there are much more applnks
than mimetypes (but every mimetype is printed !)

For kpanel, I don't know what is planned.

--
David FAURE
david.faure@insa-lyon.fr, faure@kde.org