List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: LIB_KFM
From:       David Faure <david.faure () insa-lyon ! fr>
Date:       1999-06-03 12:15:42

On Thu, Jun 03, 1999 at 11:26:14AM +0200, Stephan Kulow wrote:
> Hi!
>
> LIB_KFM has been removed from acinclude.m4.in, but it still exists
> in many Makefiles.
Yes. KDE2PORTING explains how to port, but it looks like most app authors
don't use HEAD branch yet.

>  kiconedit even uses kfm::refreshDirectory() and
> there is only a TODO entry for that function ;)
Yes, because I think it won't exist anymore, if I use
KDirWatch for directories displayed by kdesktop & konqy.
Is KDirWatch overkill for this ? Or is it lightweight enough ?

[I still didn't understand how it works, to detect
that something has changed in a dir. Does it poll the dir ?]

--
David FAURE
david.faure@insa-lyon.fr, faure@kde.org