On Tue, 1 Jun 1999, Waldo Bastian wrote: > Alex Zepeda wrote: > > > > Hmm, I am a bit scared tho, after reading this from the README: > > > > MEMORY REQUIREMENTS > > > > You should allocate sufficient swap space on your system before > > running ImageMagick; otherwise, you may experience random server or > > application crashes. Anything less than 80 megabytes of swap space is > > likely to cause random crashes. > > > > On many systems, you will find that 80 megabytes is insufficient and > > you will have to allocate more swap space. You should also have at > > least 32 megabytes of real memory although 64 megabytes or more is > > recommended. > > > > - alex > > Face it. If you want to do REAL image manipulation, you need REAL memory. > I'm not saying that you should waste it, but some things just depend > heavily on memory. Image processing is one of them. Yes, but it should still be possible to work with, say, a 1000x1000 window showing a small part of a 10000x10000 pixel image. I think PhotoShop* allocates memory in tiles for large images. Is this possible with ImageMagick? *) Usually known as PotatoShop, PornoShop or PhotoStop :-) greetings, -------------- Steffen Hansen | email: stefh@mip.sdu.dk, stefh@imada.sdu.dk,| hansen@kde.org | ABC...VWXKZ :) URL: http://www.mip.sdu.dk/~stefh |