No design sketches, but I am about ready to commit and then you will have HTML API docs ;-) I have the feeling we are all talking about two different types of plugins. The plugin mechanism built into the effects class itself just loads a shared object file, resolves a few standard symbols, and adds it to a list of available effects. The plugin mechanism that the KImageShop people seem to be talking about seems to be a whole child application that uses either SysV IPC or Corba to communicate. On Tue, 01 Jun 1999, Carsten Pfeiffer wrote: > On Tue, 1 Jun 1999, Mosfet wrote: > > Hi, > > (shouldn't this go to the kimageshop@kde.org list? -> Cc) > > > The plugin mechanism is built into the effects class itself, not the > > application. The application gets all the data it needs (such as plugin effect > > name, etc...) by calling the effect class. All the application really needs to > > know is the label of the plugin and how to call it. Since you give the methods > > the canvas or pixmap when applying an effect, the plugin can get the rest of > > the data it needs from that. > > do you have a little design sketch already? Some modelling would be a > good thing for an application of this size. I'm really interested in > kimageshop and would like to help, but before starting to code, we should > have a little UML sketch or sth like that. > > I already wrote down some ideas and relationships, when Matthias came up > with the kimageshop idea, but it's far from complete and I have no idea > of other people's design intentions. > > Cheers, > Carsten Pfeiffer > -- > http://www.geocities.com/SiliconValley/1632/ -- Daniel M. Duley - Unix developer & sys admin. mosfet@kde.org mosfet@jorsm.com