On Tue, 1 Jun 1999, Mosfet wrote: Hi, (shouldn't this go to the kimageshop@kde.org list? -> Cc) > The plugin mechanism is built into the effects class itself, not the > application. The application gets all the data it needs (such as plugin effect > name, etc...) by calling the effect class. All the application really needs to > know is the label of the plugin and how to call it. Since you give the methods > the canvas or pixmap when applying an effect, the plugin can get the rest of > the data it needs from that. do you have a little design sketch already? Some modelling would be a good thing for an application of this size. I'm really interested in kimageshop and would like to help, but before starting to code, we should have a little UML sketch or sth like that. I already wrote down some ideas and relationships, when Matthias came up with the kimageshop idea, but it's far from complete and I have no idea of other people's design intentions. Cheers, Carsten Pfeiffer -- http://www.geocities.com/SiliconValley/1632/