List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Roll over in KToolBar
From:       Matt Koss <koss () napri ! sk>
Date:       1999-05-30 9:05:39

Hi,

I guess that you're the main KToolBar developer, right ?
Did you think about adding support for rollover buttons as in Netscape or Java ?

Rollover buttons are nice and IMO they're very easy to implement.
I would do it if it's ok with you. I heard that you are rewriting some GUI
classes, so tell me if I should rather wait.

My idea :

All changes would go into KToolBarButton class
1. new flag :  bool rollover
2. new method :  setRollOverPixmap()
     call to this method would automatically set rollover = true;
2. in method drawButton :
    - if the button is raised && rollover = true, instead of drawing raised
       border, rollover pixmap would be used
    - the rest of drawing would stay the same

  Regards

		Matt

--
Matej Koss	e-mail: koss@napri.sk