List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: --enable-final again
From:       Stephan Kulow <coolo () itm ! mu-luebeck ! de>
Date:       1999-05-29 17:49:41

As long as Linux remains a religion of freeware fanatics,
Microsoft have nothing to worry about.
                       By Michael Surkan, PC Week Online
Martin Konold wrote:

> On Fri, 28 May 1999, Alex Zepeda wrote:
>
> > limiting factor?  Code size on disk has very little (if any) bearing
> > (within reason) on application loading and execution time.
>
> According to my experience the startup time is often very much affected by
> the number of shared libraries.

No, the number of symbols references in those is the point :)
Build a complete static binary and compare it with a binary, that
links to hundred shared libraries, but doesn't use them.

Greetings, Stephan