List:       kde-devel
Subject:    RE: Crashes in today's snapshot
From:       Alex Zepeda <garbanzo () hooked ! net>
Date:       1999-05-28 23:42:07

On Fri, 28 May 1999, Glen Parker wrote:

> will show different values at different times, thus my commit a couple
> days ago, changing QString::null to QString(), which helped but does
> not solve problem.  So obviously something is writing all over the
> place, out of bounds - sometimes causing a segfault, sometimes just
> odd behavior, but I have no idea where to start looking for the funky
> code - could be almost anywhere really ;-(

What is QString::null.ascii() going to return?  If it returns NULL, you're
in trouble as *printf/*scanf do werid things depending on what platform
(or on Linux, what libc perhaps) you're using.

When in doubt fire up your debugging malloc.

- alex

I'm lost in the supermarket
I can no longer shop happily
  - The Clash