List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: KOffice Release
From:       Torsten Rahn <torsten () alpha ! tat ! physik ! uni-tuebingen ! de>
Date:       1999-05-26 21:41:38

On Wed, 26 May 1999, Kurt Granroth wrote:
>>> In the roadmap there is a 1.1.2/1.2 and a 1.89 foreseen. I think

I like the roadmap!

>>> it  would be best to aim to include koffice in the 1.89 release.
>>> Having  another release for koffice alone which is incompatible
>>> with every other release looks very unattractive to me.
>>
>>Personally, I think waiting for 1.89 is MUCH MUCH too long to wait.  We

Too long for what?

>>should shoot for the end of June.  Keep in mind that kdelibs does not have

The artist's won't be ready by then either!
Be patient Kurt, be patient -- Nobody will hurry us and your nice article
has made quite clear that it is *not* KDE 1.1.1 that should be compared
with GNOME. Begin of september would be enough IMO.

And please drop those silly names -- they're quite tasteless --
How many people died during these accidents.  And I don't
think that they're very good for making PR. We don't want to
be "circus-clowns" nor do we want that people will continue to
use these names for the stable versions, do we?

KO 1 could also be interpreted as Koffice version 1.
Anybody with a more serious idea that makes still some PR?

>The problem is that we switched to mico 2.2.6 and because of that the embedding
>and some other CORBA related stuff doesn't work, so a (unstable :-) KOffice
>release is not possible that soon IMO.
>
>Ciao, Reggie

Bye,
Torsten