List:       kde-devel
Subject:    a new KIntLineEdit and KFloatLineEdit
From:       "Glen Parker" <glenebob () nwlink ! com>
Date:       1999-05-24 9:41:42

I have written a new KIntLineEdit, and a counterpart, KFloatLineEdit.

These two classes use the new QValidator derived stuff in QLineEdit, and
work better than the existing line editor.  For example, they accept pasted
text safely (text that would cause non-numeric data is rejected).  They also
accept negative numbers.  And, (he he) you can enter text in base-36 if you
like ;-)  Another nice advantage is that you can specify a range to stay
within.

The interface to the new KIntLineEdit is almost identical to the old one, so
there hopefully will be no problem migrating.  However, both classes are now
in a new file, knumlineedit.h/cpp, so I guess I could delete
kintlineedit.cpp, and empty kintlineedit.h and stick #include
"knumlineedit.h" in there, and a #pragma or something.  Comments on this,
please.

I'm putting the new files (four total) up at http://www.nwlink.com/~glenebob
for the time being - if I get no objections, I'll commit them to cvs in
place of the current files in the next few days?

 --
Glen Parker
glenebob@nwlink.com