List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: Memory consumption in KDE 2.0
From:       Sirtaj Singh Kang <ssk () physics ! unimelb ! edu ! au>
Date:       1999-05-04 14:15:36

On Tue, 4 May 1999, David Faure wrote:
[snip]
> oh.
> Well, the plan is : to get rid of kcharsets anyway.
> It's made obsolete by qt 2.

I'm all for a serious review of KCharsets; I was poking around in there
yesterday to fix a warning, and I found code like this in a couple of
places:

const char *faceStr=config->readEntry(charset->name);

This works ok right now, but more by mistake than by design.

Unfortunately I know nothing about charsets at all, so I wouldn't be the
best person to do it.

-Taj.

Sirtaj S. Kang       taj@kde.org         ssk@physics.unimelb.edu.au
Univ of Melbourne