List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: Drag and Drop and KDE 2
From:       <pbrown () redhat ! com>
Date:       1999-05-03 18:20:28

On Mon, 3 May 1999, Dirk A. Mueller wrote:

> Sven Radej <sven@lisa.exp.univie.ac.at> wrote:
>
> > KDE DnD is dropped. We'll use XDND which is supported natively by Qt
> > (and JX, and GTK, so it is/will be - hopefully - a standard for X).
>
> Does that mean that all usage of KDNDDrop* etc should be removed in
> head branch and replaced by the QDrag* classes of Qt? Or is there
> something else that needs to be done?

That would be my preference and approach.  KDND is very very limited next
to Qt DND.  I hope others agree.

Instead of commenting out the KDND stuff, we should put printf warnings in
the methods.  For now.

---
  Preston Brown                                    Systems Engineer
  pbrown@redhat.com                                Red Hat Software, Inc.