List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: KDE 1.1.1 release problems (or How we can make it better next time..) [A sure improvement]
From:       Bavo De Ridder <bavo () ace ! ulyssis ! student ! kuleuven ! ac ! be>
Date:       1999-05-03 18:05:27

On Mon, 03 May 1999, David Faure wrote:
>On Mon, May 03, 1999 at 06:48:07PM +0200, Bavo De Ridder wrote:

>> >Idea: in the kde install script, when installing kfm:
>> >find / -name "netscape" -exec rm -rf {} \;
>> >ln -sf /usr/bin/netscape /opt/kde/bin/kfm
>> >
>> >What do you think?
>> >[Learned that one from my friend Bill X]
>> >

>> Hey no, netscape sucks, but is still better than KFM.

Nope again, gmc, mc and even xterm is way better. I do not even use kfm (well,
it does place those nice, unusable icons on the desktop but they are always
covered by several windows...).

KFM is just for the first-time-on-a-computer user... because he can't do
anything wrong with kfm, hey he probably can't do anything with kfm...

KFM is useful behind the scenes (cache, ...) but for filemanagement, no way...