List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: getOpenFileURLList not implemented - why?
From:       Stephan Kulow <coolo () alpha ! tat ! physik ! uni-tuebingen ! de>
Date:       1999-04-23 11:23:18

Roope Anttinen wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Why the multiselction methods haven't been implemented in KFileDialog class?
> They would be very nice to have for playlist editor for adding files to it (I'm
> the author of kmikmod). And why they still show in the header files? It took
> quite a long time to find out that it wasn't my fault when the linking phase
> bombed out due to undefined references.
>
> I could of course use QFileDlg for that but then I loose consistent KDE look
> and especially i18n support.
>
> Is someone going to implement them and in what time frame - or should I take a
> look at that. For what I've allready peeked in the sources the multiselection
> support may require quite substantial rewrite.

That's true. Not that you have to rewrite it completly, but some small
modifications
here and there.

I would implement it, but not too soon. So if you have suggestions, feel
free to
tell me.

Greetings, Stephan

--
As long as Linux remains a religion of freeware fanatics,
Microsoft have nothing to worry about.