List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: Caitoo into KDE 1.1.x
From:       Stephan Kulow <coolo () alpha ! tat ! physik ! uni-tuebingen ! de>
Date:       1999-04-21 10:10:00

Matt Koss wrote:

> I would like to import caitoo 0.6.3 ( former kget ) into KDE 1.1 branch.
> If it's too late for KDE 1.1.1 release, it could be done for 1.1.2
There will be no 1.1.2 release, at least none I would support. The whole
split is wasting too much efforts and for example the translators are
currently only working on the 1.1 branch and I would like to switch
completly with everything to the 2.0 branch as soon as 1.1.1 is out.

I always said that.

> The version 0.6.3 is almost identical with 0.7 which is in HEAD branch
> already, except that it is compatible with qt1.42 and KDE 1.1 libraries.
> Also CORBA stuff is not present.
>
> Because libraries kiolib and kdeutils are not part of KDE 1.1 anymore, I have
> joined these old versions of these two libs together and removed all
> stuff that wasn't necessary for caitoo. Same applies to the kioslaves.
>
> This reworked kiolib is now under caitoo and everything can be added as a
> new application to the kdenetwork module.
>
> Program should compile and work ok, the only thing missing are translations.
>
> Comments ?

No way for me.

Greetings, Stephan

--
As long as Linux remains a religion of freeware fanatics,
Microsoft have nothing to worry about.