List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: CORBA Book
From:       Roberto Alsina <ralsina () unl ! edu ! ar>
Date:       1999-04-07 18:29:08

On Wed, 7 Apr 1999, Kurt Granroth wrote:

> Roberto Alsina wrote:
> > I read the "CORBA in 21 days" thing from Macmillan (mainly because it was
> > free) and I now understand it, can read code, and can write simple stuff.
> > I don't know if I just corrupted my mind forever or it's not so bad ;-)
>
> <personal opinion>
> Hrm... other than the fact that it is free, I didn't like it at all!  I
> actually went out and bought (don't laugh) "CORBA for Dummies".  It's not
> as bad as it sounds!  I took an intermediate level CORBA class at work a
> few weeks ago and they didn't cover all that much that wasn't in the
> book (really).

Oh, my goodness. Isn't the fact that we are arguing about wether "CORBA in
21 days" is better or worse than "CORBA for dummies" sound extremely
weird? ;-)

/me looks for "The complete idiot's guide to nuclear fission" in
amazon.com

 `9_ 9  )   `-. (    ).`-._.`)  ralsina@unl.edu.ar
 (_Y_.)' ._   ) `._`.  " -.-'   Centro de Telematica
  _..`-'_..-_/ /-'_.'           Universidad Nacional del Litoral
(l)-'' ((i).' ((!.'             Santa Fe - Argentina
                                KDE Developer (MFCH)
Life isn't short. It's just that death is longer.