List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: Addressbook Database
From:       Sirtaj Singh Kang <ssk () physics ! unimelb ! edu ! au>
Date:       1999-04-06 14:38:27

On Tue, 6 Apr 1999, Mike Pilone wrote:

> Hello All,
>
> I have been watching the posts fly by about what sort of database
> implementation we should use for the KDE addressbook, and I found it kind
> of funny. Mirko and I had this discussion about a month ago when I
> started developing PeopleSpace and he was starting kab2. At that time we
> posted to this list and no one seemed interested, now everyone has an
> opinion!

The fact is, the only person whose opinion counts in the end is the one
who puts in the hours to prove that their opinion is viable and feasible.
Nothing else matters; if someone does something with yet another flat-file
database with their own parsers and grammar, well, that's what we're stuck
with, until someone puts in the effort to prove that it can be done better
(if it can).

-Taj.

Sirtaj S. Kang       taj@kde.org         ssk@physics.unimelb.edu.au
School of Physics    Univ of Melbourne   Less hype. More code. KDE.