List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: First round of feedback from Fedora 40 KDE Plasma 6 (Wayland-only) discussion
From:       David Edmundson <david () davidedmundson ! co ! uk>
Date:       2023-09-18 12:42:18

On Mon, Sep 18, 2023 at 5:45 AM Neal Gompa <ngompa13@gmail.com> wrote:
me of them, I've got ideas, others less so.

> The first thing that came up was that KiCad seems to need help and has
> had a bad experience interfacing with some folks over resolving their
> issues moving into a Wayland world.

Given I'm quoted, I said we shouldn't rush clients to not be on Xwayland.
These are just Kicad's known issues, it'll be longer to fix all the
issues that come up after they're ported.
That's what Xwayland is for, and we've put a lot of effort into it.

David