List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: KDF needs to be updated for Plasma
From:       Gary Greene <greeneg () tolharadys ! net>
Date:       2017-03-20 4:17:52

> On Mar 19, 2017, at 10:46 PM, Jimmy Johnson <field.engineer@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> On 03/19/2017 11:40 AM, Albert Astals Cid wrote:
> > El dimarts, 14 de mar� de 2017, a les 12:05:30 CET, Jimmy Johnson va escriure:
> > > "KDF" in Plasma could use some attention
> >
> > KDF is not part of Plasma nor related to it.
> >
> > > except for "root/" you can't
> > > tell if a partition is mounted or not while using "KwikDisk".
> >
> > Have you reported a bug in bugs.kde.org? This list is not to report bugs.
> >
> > Cheers,
> > Albert
>
> Hello Albert, KDF is a  KDE package both Neon and Plasma are part of KDE, I don't \
> see what your problem is, I'm just saying KDF needs attention, I'm not asking you \
> to do anything you don't want to do.

The point that Albert is trying to convey is that the application KDiskFree isn't \
part of the Plasma product, but rather part of the Applications selection, which are \
shipped separately of the Plasma desktop itself.

I'd suggest that If you're putting in a suggestion about usage or usability for \
KDiskFree, posting to the developers mailing list isn't the best place to track \
wish-list like items like this. It's better to post this over on \
https://bugs.kde.org/ as a wishlist bug instead.

—
Gary L. Greene, Jr.