List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: building old kdepim fails
From:       Matthias Teege <matthias-kde-devel () mteege ! de>
Date:       2013-08-25 15:22:03

On 16:14 Fri 23 Aug, Andras Mantia wrote:
> On Friday, August 16, 2013 16:36:27 Matthias Teege wrote:

Hi,

> Uh, this is KDE3 stuff, are you sure you need it? :)

no, I'm not :) I need an old kdepim version an a current system.

> If you just want to get a pre-akonadi kdepim, you can get the KDE4 version
> (from 4.4 IIRC).

Hmm, Akonadi is only part of the problem.  The current kdepim has
other problems and is not compatible with my backend.

> The error might be from anything like too new automake, autoconf or whatever.
> We don't really build KDE3 anymore, so there is no guarantee it builds out of
> the box on recent distros.

Yes, it looks like this.  If i remove the libtool script from
build/kdelibs and use the current version from the distro (cd
build/kdelibs; ln -sf /usr/bin/libtool libtool) it works until another
error.  Maybe the old libtool hast problems to detect the
architecture.

The tag on https://projects.kde.org/projects/kde/kdepim/repository
(enterprise35.0.20130718.104434) looks very recent but i can't find a
build documentation.

Thanks
Matthias