List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: Konqueror- GSOC idea
From:       Andrew Mason <andrew.mason () voice ! net ! au>
Date:       2012-02-14 7:29:19

> I don't think these people should be our main target audience.

We all have intel core-i5's at work and were forced turn Nepomuk off for
performance issues with kde 4.7.4 / 4.8. That is not new hardware but there
would still be a reasonable portion of people with lesser hardware using KDE.
My Thinkpad X200 (core2duo) laptop still has alot of life left in it. For
every other aspect of KDE it's very fast.

Perhaps it's worth waiting for a just a few more hardware revisions before
discounting that portion of users.

Andrew