List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: Crash info with no stack trace
From:       Lindsay Mathieson <lindsay.mathieson () gmail ! com>
Date:       2012-01-26 3:29:27

On Thu, 26 Jan 2012 03:41:55 AM Thomas L=FCbking wrote:
> Am 26.01.2012, 03:12 Uhr, schrieb Lindsay Mathieson
> =

> <lindsay.mathieson@gmail.com>:
> > I tried, but unfortunately can't relaunch kactivitymanagerd , I get:
> >   "kactivitymanagerd(3387): KUniqueApplication: Can't setup D-Bus
> > =

> > service.
> > Probably already running. "
> =

> You cannot run a KUniqueApplication twice, that's normal and the second
> crash possibly a result of the attempt?

Oh, I realise that, I actually thought it wasn't running because I was only =

doing a check beforehand using "ps -e|grep kact". My mistake.

There is no second crash, only the initial one on startup

> -> "ps -Af | grep kactivitymanagerd"

Thanks for that :)

> =

> > I tried stopping/killing dbus services but that didn't end to well :(
> =

> DO NOT KILL THE SESSION DBUS, if you did the safe approach should be to
> log out and in.

Oh I know! It was in the nature of an experiment

> =

> Kill the running kactivitymanagerd, but the issue is probably the second
> call attempt, so you should figure why this happens.

There is no second call attempt that I know of

I've now tried killing kactivitymanagerd and running with gdb as you sugges=
ted =

earlier, now starts of course but unfortunately doesn't crash either. I did =

notice this:

"Reading symbols from /usr/bin/kactivitymanagerd...(no debugging symbols  =

found)...done."

It would seem to imply the debug symbols either aren't there are aren't bei=
ng =

found.

Cheers,

-- =