List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: Crash info with no stack trace
From:       David Narvaez <david.narvaez () computer ! org>
Date:       2012-01-26 0:46:04

On Wed, Jan 25, 2012 at 7:38 PM, Thomas L=FCbking
<thomas.luebking@gmail.com> wrote:

> Am 26.01.2012, 01:02 Uhr, schrieb Lindsay Mathieson <lindsay.mathieson@gm=
ail.com>:

>> I'm trying to generate a useful bug report for kactivitymanagerd but can=
't
>> seem to get a useful stack trace for it, all I can get is:
>>
>> =A0"Application: KDE Activity Manager (kactivitymanagerd), signal: Segme=
ntation
>> fault"
>

> try
>
> gdb --args kactivitymanagerd --nofork
> run
> [wait for crash]
> bt
> [enter, enter, enter, ...]
> detach
> quit

I can confirm kactivitymanagerd crashes on (almost?) every startup for
me, I set it to output debugging information to a file and doesn't
seem to output nothing useful. I was going to work on that this
weekend, so if there's a bug report with stack traces, that will
surely help.

David E. Narvaez