List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: Idea of new KDE project
From:       Sebastian =?utf-8?q?K=C3=BCgler?= <sebas () kde ! org>
Date:       2012-01-24 9:04:51

Hey Łukasz,

On Monday, January 23, 2012 17:40:00 Łukasz Spas wrote:
> I've got an idea of new KDE project (if this idea was already discussed
> somewhere here - I'm sorry, just ignore this message).
>
> I would like to implement library which will allow you to run KDE
> applications on one machine and interact with it using browser on the
> second machine (via Internet). I would like to use HTML5, JavaScript and
> of course Qt.
>
> In future it would be possible to run some web application (maybe
> somewhere on kde.org site? :P) where you would be able to run any KDE's
> application (of course in sandbox) without installing it on your machine
> and having any specific software... Just using your browser with HTML5
> support. (It might be useful for users whose want to test KDE's
> application before installation :P).
>
> However, I've got one question. Is it possible to get own git repo for
> such project? If yes, I would be grateful if any of you could give me
> some tips what should I do...

The most "lightweight" way is to use a personal, or scratch repo:
http://community.kde.org/Sysadmin/GitKdeOrgManual#Personal_repositories

Then, when you want others to contribute as well, and get it to the next
level, the repo can be moved to a more official space, and at some point even
be released.

> P.S. I'll do this no matter if this project seems to you interesting.
> However, I would like to do this in KDE to diversify a bit its set of
> projects. ;-)

Good thought, I think it'd make for an interesting project. :)

Cheers,
--
sebas