List:       kde-devel
Subject:    The KDE Development Book release plan
From:       Rohan Garg <rohan16garg () gmail ! com>
Date:       2012-01-06 16:36:46

Hi everyone
A couple of months ago, we wrote a book on getting started with KDE
Development at a document sprint sponsored by FLOSS Manuals. At the
end of the sprint we managed to produce a small book on how to get
started with KDE Development. The book can be found here [1] .

Right now the plan is to release it on the 25th along with KDE 4.8,
which is why we need your help. It would be superb if you guys could
review our work and advise on any changes that you think might be
appropriate. The deadline for any fixes/modifications is 1600 UTC 21st
January.

You can also buy the  book in the dead tree format from lulu here [2].
Currently we don't have any sort of markup so all the money goes into
just printing the book. We plan to add a markup soon so the proceeds
can go to the KDE e.V.

Best
Rohan Garg

[1] http://flossmanuals.net/kde-guide/