List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: Is startkde supposed to set MALLOC_CHECK_=3 on release candidates?
From:       Michael Pyne <mpyne () kde ! org>
Date:       2011-07-04 17:15:29

[Attachment #2 (multipart/signed)]

On Sunday, July 03, 2011 15:35:11 Nikos Chantziaras wrote:
> Is startkde supposed to set MALLOC_CHECK_=3 on release candidates?  It
> does for 4.7 RC1 and I wonder is this is intended, since the script
> mentions this is for trunk/developer builds.

No, it is not supposed to do this. I have removed the check in KDE/4.7 branch
of kde-workspace (commit b8dbac0).

I want to say this is actually the 3rd time in the last 3-4 major releases
that we've almost released tarballs with this debugging aid still enabled. Is
there a way to add this to the release checklist, or some other means of
making sure that this get double-checked before the release candidate stage?

Perhaps it could be done as part of branching the release branch (although
that would imply that was done by following some kind of procedure or
checklist as well).

Regards,
 - Michael Pyne