List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: KMail
From:       Vitor Boschi <vitorboschi () gmail ! com>
Date:       2011-04-24 23:49:24

[Attachment #2 (multipart/alternative)]

Hi Anthony,

It's usually best to get the most up to date source code when developing new
features, which means retrieving it from git. The reason you didn't find
kmail in kdepimlibs is because this package contains just the libraries, not
the applications themselves.

1) KMail is in the kdepim repository. You can get it using this command:
"git clone git://anongit.kde.org/kdepim". You can browse all projects in
http://projects.kde.org
2) No, KDE uses CMake as build system. In order to build a software, you
should use the following commands inside the repository's root dir:
mkdir build; cd build
cmake ..
make

3) Take some time reading articles in techbase.kde.org, there are a lot of
technical info about KDE in there. You can also join the irc channel
#kde-devel on freenode.net and ask people there.

Vitor