On Sun, Mar 27, 2011 at 2:04 PM, Anand Srivastava <linkinanand@gmail.com> wrote:

Yes , I understand. I've been using the KGet and I compared the download speed of KGet & the proptotype (The download manager) that I've developed.Their was manyfold difference in the download speed ( https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6VAe6ORt3Ec ). If KGet would have been using partitioning of remote file it'ld have been faster.

KGet already does multi part downloading with the plugin "Multi segment KIO" (which is available by default in KGet). So if you have a better technique for multi-part downloading, it might be better to implement that in KGet itself.

Cheers,
Viranch