List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: GSOC 2011: MDI interface for Okular
From:       Arnold Krille <kde () arnoldarts ! de>
Date:       2011-03-25 12:04:58

[Attachment #2 (multipart/signed)]

On Friday 25 March 2011 12:38:58 Thomas Lübking wrote:
> FYI:
> Tabbing in browsers is (likely) a relict from the dial-up era, when on
> would dial-up, open all pages one wanted to read, hook-on and then read
> offline.
> I sometimes (too often) catch myself doing this today, ie. go to my fav
> news pages, middleclick all articles i'm interested in and start reading.
> but this is a retarded behavior coded into my brains during a loooooong
> time - and i hate myself for doing it ;-)

Given the fact that web-documents grew by about the same factor as connection-
lines, I still have to do that behaviour out of sheer necessity, not out of
old habits.

Don't argue the tabs in okular away. Remember the people from redmond loosing
significant browser-share telling "people don't want tabs". Well they wanted.
And they got. But not from IE. Now lets don't do the same mistake with okular
vs. acrobat reader...

Have fun,

Arnold