List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: Phonon::VideoWidget in a QGraphicsView
From:       Ben Cooksley <sourtooth () gmail ! com>
Date:       2010-04-07 21:20:29

On Thu, Apr 8, 2010 at 2:38 AM, Andras Mantia <amantia@kde.org> wrote:
> On Wednesday 07 April 2010, Martin Sandsmark wrote:
>> On Sunday 21. March 2010 10.54.13 George Kiagiadakis wrote:
>> > Which backend are you using? Afaik only the gstreamer backend
>> > supports QGraphicsView.
>>
>> Because Qt doesn't support XCB, which we need to use for drawing with
>> Xine, since we can't rely on all Qt applications to invoke
>> XInitThreads when starting.
>
> Will the new VLC backend work inside QGraphicsView?
>
> Andras

By default it won't, as that requires XCB ( and is the status quo at
the moment ). It's only other method of output, YUV isn't supported
either, due to QGraphicsView lacking support for overlays.

Therefore the only working manner is mapping a video output (sink) in
memory to a QPixmap then painting it through using QPainter x times
per second ( Where x is the numbers of fps ) note that this would
absolutely suck for performance. The only other way to workaround it
is to use alien QWidget's...

Regards,
Ben
Phonon-VLC developer