List:       kde-devel
Subject:    KIO renamedialog port to KMetaDataWidget -- associate with all mime
From:       todd rme <toddrme2178 () gmail ! com>
Date:       2010-03-31 17:09:45

I am in the process of trying to port the kio renamedialog to
KMetaDataWidget for providing information on the files to users.
Based on advice I received on IRC, I am implementing a plugin
renamedialogplugin that is associated with all file types and takes
priority over existing plugins (I have implemented an optional
priority attribute for plugins of this type).  The issue I am running
into is getting the plugin associated with all mimetypes.

The mimetype associations seem to be of the form:

     X-KDE-ServiceTypes=RenameDialog/Plugin,<targetmimetypes>

So I tried:

    X-KDE-ServiceTypes=RenameDialog/Plugin,all/all

This does not seem to work, it does not seem to associate with any
mimetypes.  Does anyone have any idea what might be going wrong?  I
can post more of the source code if necessary.  Thanks.

-Todd