List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: Accessing konqueror config from plugin
From:       Sebastian =?utf-8?q?K=C3=BCgler?= <sebas () kde ! org>
Date:       2010-03-30 10:45:55

On Tuesday 30 March 2010 09:03:37 lindsay.mathieson@gmail.com wrote:
> On Tuesday 30/03/2010 at 2:35 pm, lindsay.mathieson@gmail.com wrote:
> > Just a pointer in the right direction needed - I've written a
> > konqueror plugin and I'd like to access konqueror configuration info
> > from the plugin, specifically the users home page - is there an easy
> > way to do that?
>
> Actually no need :) pulled the relevant code out of the konq src
>
> > Additionally I'd like to be able to slip config items of my own into
> > the konq config pages (a checkbox in the General|Tabbed Browsing
> > page), is this possible?
>
> Still wondering if this is possible/a good idea though.

Depends, if Konqueror is started, it might not pick up changes to the config file
from a different process, and on exit happily overwrite whatever you wrote in the
config. That same scenario is possible the other way round, your app overwriting
changes konqi made to the config. You need some way to notify the other app that is
concurrently accessing the same configuration file of the change and re-read the
configuration.

That's of course only true for file-based KConfig. :)

Cheers,
--
sebas