List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: Exceptions
From:       Lindsay Mathieson <lindsay.mathieson () gmail ! com>
Date:       2010-03-27 0:40:44

On Sat, 27 Mar 2010 10:25:53 am Tomaz Canabrava wrote:
> the KDE rule is to not use exceptions, if I do remember correctly.
>
> http://markmail.org/message/ocajyfr5ya5dd6jj for a better explanation

Ummm - that appears to be a message about why we *should* use exceptions :)

> you really need to use std:: and exceptions?

Not sure what you mean here, but I do want to use exceptions in my code, I
like the way it simplifies error handling and I find the process flow better.

Note:This is for a private app of mine, though I do hope that one day it may
be of std use to KDE.

--
Lindsay
http://blackpaw.jalbum.net/home