List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: Application data file location?
From:       lindsay.mathieson () gmail ! com
Date:       2010-03-26 2:12:55

On Friday 26/03/2010 at 1:53 am, Aaron J. Seigo  wrote:
> On March 24, 2010, lindsay.mathieson@gmail.com wrote:
>>
>> With a std KDE4 gui app, is there an api or config item that lets it
>> know where it can read/write data files to  - not config entries per
>> say but what ever binary data etc it may need for its own purposes.
>
> KStandardDirs is usually what you need/want for locating such things.
> you can
> get to the global KStandardDirs object using KGlobal::dirs(), and the
> appdata
> resource is probably what you want in this case.

Interesting, thanks Aaron - I've been using
KStandardDirs::locateLocal("appdata", ""), is there any difference or
preference to using KGlobal::dirs()->locateLocal("appdata", "") ?

On a related note - how would I find documentation on the KGlobal
namespace at api.kde.org? the search function doesn't find it.

Cheers,

--
Lindsay Mathieson