List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: GSoC project idea:solving smartphone management problem
From:       Albert Astals Cid <aacid () kde ! org>
Date:       2010-03-21 11:05:35

A Diumenge, 21 de març de 2010, Oswald Buddenhagen va escriure:
> On Sun, Mar 21, 2010 at 03:28:38PM +0530, Dinesh wrote:
> > I am  Dinesh, an undergraduate looking to spend my summer contributing
> > full-time to KDE via the Google Summer of Code by making A proper
> > Smartphone managing suite for KDE.
>
> this project idea sounds like it would be duplicating a lot of
> http://labs.trolltech.com/page/Projects/QtMobility

But as I understand it's almost impossible to get Nokia to accept big
contributions to Qt (as oposed to bugfixes that seems to be working quite
good) so are you suggesting that he just does nothing waiting for you to code
it? What if QtMobility doesn't end up working at the end or is a totally
different thing?

Albert