List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: Introduction
From:       Akarsh Simha <akarshsimha () gmail ! com>
Date:       2010-03-21 8:26:34

Hi Siddharth

> Hi
> I am Siddharth Srivastava. i am a student from India. i am planning to
> participate in GSoC 2010. How should I approach ?
> Besides GSoC, I would like to contribute to KDE as a developer also. How
> should I go by ?

It's very interesting to know that you'd like to contribute to KDE! As
for GSoC, you should look at the KDE GSoC ideas page:
http://community.kde.org/GSoC/2010/Ideas

Think of those ideas as just base ideas that are suggested. If you
love a KDE application and use it very frequently, you probably would
be in a position to come up with your own project ideas. That page has
a lot of information on how to approach the GSoC as well. You might
want to talk to people on #kde-soc on Freenode (IRC).

Regards
Akarsh