List:       kde-devel
Subject:    kdeexamples/authorization does not work
From:       Christian Jann <christian_jann () yahoo ! de>
Date:       2010-03-16 13:03:40

Hello,

svn://anonsvn.kde.org/home/kde/trunk/KDE/kdeexamples/authorization does not
work with Fedora 12 KDE 4.4.1 or with Kubuntu 10.04 4.4.1

what I have done under Fedora:

svn co  svn://anonsvn.kde.org/home/kde/trunk/KDE/kdeexamples/authorization
cd authorization/
sed -i '1i\cmake_minimum_required(VERSION 2.6.2 FATAL_ERROR)' CMakeLists.txt
mkdir build
cd build
cmake ..
make
sudo make install
./kauth_example

now when I try to save to /testfile I get an SELinux alert:

SELinux is preventing /lib/dbus-1/dbus-daemon-launch-helper "execute_no_trans"
access on /usr/local/lib/kde4/libexec/kauth_example_helper.

su -
audit2allow -m local -l -i /var/log/audit/audit.log > local.te
vim local.te
################
module local 1.0;

require {
        type lib_t;
        type system_dbusd_t;
        class file execute_no_trans;
}

#============= system_dbusd_t ==============
allow system_dbusd_t lib_t:file execute_no_trans;
#################
checkmodule -M -m -o local.mod local.te
semodule -i local.pp
exit

./kauth_example

now no SELinux alert anymore but I get only:

"Launch helper exited with unknown return code 255"

when I try to save /testfile but I should get some authorization window like
here:
pkexec touch /testfile
changing date and time in systemsettings works also

with a fresh fully updated Kubuntu install I get also "Launch helper exited
with unknown return code 255" printed to the konsole

I hope somebody can help me to get this working