List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: Need some help on the comand line version of kdiff3 merge tool
From:       Shaun Reich <predator106 () gmail ! com>
Date:       2010-03-12 20:31:29

[Attachment #2 (multipart/alternative)]

> I installed the linux-debian  package of kidff3 and I am using it for my 3
> way code-merge-activities. But the tool gives me the graphical results and
> as I was more interested for the command line version of the tool I went
> here:
>

> http://kdiff3.sourceforge.net/doc/documentation.html#id2488514
>

> and tried all the commands with their options but they all seem to give me
> the GUI result. I am more interested for the non-GUI version.
>

> Is there any setting/plugin in my installation that I am missing or any
> web-link that can help me give the non-GUI results ?

Huh? It's a KDE application...you expected it to run as not-kde?

The command line options are just useful for setting it up initially, so
that it will run the GUI with those options. Comes in handy for scripting
and programmatically doing stuff.

If you are looking for a command-line application, you shouldn't be looking
at KDE applications, imo. They are both completely separate areas and that
just increases the difficulty to maintain both ends, especially when it
comes to trying to create a terminal-based UI in addition to working on the
regular Qt UI...

--
KDE Developer,
Shaun Reich