On Mon, Mar 08, 2010 at 04:44:43PM +0100, Holger Macht wrote: > On 03/08/2010 04:25 PM, Oswald Buddenhagen wrote: > > On Mon, Mar 08, 2010 at 12:12:04PM +0100, Holger Macht wrote: > >> Frequencies are switched in microseconds these days. > >> > > that's utterly irrelevant in this context. > > I was talking about dynamic frequency adjustments, switching from lower > to higher frequency. > it's still utterly irrelevant for the paragraph it was referring to. ;) > >>> also, perceived slowness of the machine has a psychological effect of > >>> not demanding too much of it, i.e., it changes the usage pattern to > >>> something more power-friendly. > >> > >> You don't notice the difference from using ondemand vs. performance, > >> really. > >> > > i'm talking about powersave vs. anything performance-oriented. > > I'm not. > that just confirms that you entirely missed the point. > Anyway...this has been discussed a hundred times on all kind of > different lists. I won't convince you. > no, you won't, because you believe you have been enlightened and that people should just believe you. a far more workable approach would be understanding the requirements people bring up, analyzing them and proposing solutions for them (like in the quoted mail from Matthew Garret). removing a needed feature without replacement is simply no option. >> Visit http://mail.kde.org/mailman/listinfo/kde-devel#unsub to unsubscribe <<