List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: KMid2 moved to extragear/multimedia
From:       Pedro Lopez-Cabanillas <pedro.lopez.cabanillas () gmail ! com>
Date:       2010-03-01 21:27:20

On Monday, March 1, 2010, Albert Astals Cid wrote:
> A Dilluns, 1 de març de 2010, Pedro Lopez-Cabanillas va escriure:
> > >
> > > A kde applications life ends usually in /tags/unmaintained/4/;
> > > see http://techbase.kde.org/Policies/SVN_Guidelines
> >
> > I know that. But this is not the end of life of kmid. It is only a
> > rewrite, keeping the same application name and basic look&feel.
> >
> > It may be useful to keep the old codebase and history for future
> > reference. I know that other kde projects have been completely rewritten
> > in the past, but I don't see their old codebases stored in
> > /tags/unmaintained/4/, so maybe it is not a good idea to keep kmid.old
> > there.
>
> This discussion doesn't belong here.

Sorry, moved to another list.

> Anyway SVN is there to hold your history, you don't need a .old anywhere,
> just delete the thing and bedone with it.

SVN saves the history, but for practical reasons it is usual to keep named
tags and branches to easily locate and retrieve the state of a program at
certain points.  For this reason I didn't erase the old folder immediately,
but if everybody agrees with you I will.

Regards,
Pedro