List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: Need help with KAuth
From:       "27/249" <i27249 () gmail ! com>
Date:       2010-02-17 18:03:32

Unlike pure Slackware, PAM is used in MOPSLinux, so my polkit was also
built with PAM support.
I tried to run pkexec:

aix@mac2:~$ pkexec manager2
Error executing command as another user: No authentication agent was found.

So it seems to work, but some components are still missing. Building
and installing polkit-kde-1 doesn't change anything.

Also, I tried to attach to process with gdb, and got this backtrace on segfault:

(gdb) continue
Continuing.
systemsettings(30221)/kutils (KCModuleProxy)
KCModuleProxyPrivate::loadModule: Module not already loaded, loading
module  "Дата и время"  from library  "kcm_clock"  using symbol
"kcm_clock"
systemsettings(30221)/kdecore (K*TimeZone*)
KSystemTimeZonesPrivate::instance: instance(): ... initialised
systemsettings(30221)/kdecore (K*TimeZone*)
KSystemTimeZonesPrivate::readConfig: readConfig(): local zone=
"Europe/Moscow"
systemsettings(30221)/kdecore (K*TimeZone*)
KSystemTimeZonesPrivate::readZoneTab: readZoneTab(
"/usr/share/zoneinfo/zone.tab" )
Object::connect: No such slot Dtime::handleZoneChange()
Object::connect:  (sender name:   'tzonelist')
Object::connect:  (receiver name: 'DateAndTime')

0xb6922b94 in QVariant::userType() const () from /usr/lib/libQtCore.so.4
(gdb) bt
#0  0xb6922b94 in QVariant::userType() const () from /usr/lib/libQtCore.so.4
#1  0xb5f4045d in PolkitQt1::Authority::Private::init() () from
/usr/lib/libpolkit-qt-core-1.so.0
#2  0xb5f41f55 in PolkitQt1::Authority::Authority(_PolkitAuthority*,
QObject*) () from /usr/lib/libpolkit-qt-core-1.so.0
#3  0xb5f4201e in PolkitQt1::Authority::instance(_PolkitAuthority*) ()
from /usr/lib/libpolkit-qt-core-1.so.0
#4  0xb6caf866 in ?? () from /usr/lib/libkdecore.so.5
#5  0x00000000 in ?? ()

On Wed, Feb 17, 2010 at 7:18 PM, Dario Freddi <drf54321@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Wednesday 17 February 2010 17:08:01 27/249 wrote:
>> Hi all!
>>
>> I have troubles with getting KAuth work. I'm using mopslinux (this is
>> slackware-based distro), so first I had to build polkit stuff.
>
> Being a Slackware-based distro, I suppose you're not using PAM. If this is the
> case, you probably have a single option - using polkit-qt-1, as polkit-qt
> won't help here. Additionally, you will need a patch for making it work with
> Shadow, that has been posted and is a candidate for inclusion in the main
> polkit repository. Unfortunately polkit's maintainer has not yet taken action
> upon this.
>
> However, from a first sight it looks to me the problem you're encountering is
> deep down in the polkit stack. To give it a small test, try using "pkexec",
> which is a sudo-like utility coming with polkit-1. If it segfaults, crashes or
> fails, which is quite likely given your experience, the problem is in the
> polkit stack.
>
> Also let me remind you that if you wish to use polkit-1 with KDE you will need
> polkit-kde-1 as well (extragear/base/polkit-kde-1), otherwise you wouldn't
> have an authentication agent.
>
> Hope this helps.

>> built:
>> For old polkit: PolicyKit 0.9, polkit-qt 0.9.3
>> For polkit-1: polkit 0.96 and polkit-qt-1 0.95.1.
>>
>> Next I started to build KDE itself.
>> My first attempt was with official 4.4.0 release, without specifying
>> any KAuth backend in kdelibs build flags, and I got pseudo-working
>> KAuth: i can view settings in systemsettings, but I cannot change
>> anything even with root privilegies. Also, change date/time dialog
>> says that I have no permission to save settings. In policykit settings
>> (within systemsettings), there was two branches, one of them controls
>> date and time control.
>> Next, I checked out branches/KDE/4.4/ from svn (just 12 hours ago, rev
>> 1091589), and built it with -DKAUTH_BACKEND=PolkitQt-1 (same way as
>> archlinux maintainers does). Now, there are only one branch in
>> policykit settings, and calling change date/time dialog causes crash
>> (unfortunately, trace is really useless):
>>
>> Application: Модуль настройки KDE (kdeinit4), signal: Segmentation fault
>> Traceback (most recent call last):
>>   File
>> "/usr/share/gdb/auto-load/usr/lib/libgobject-2.0.so.0.2200.4-gdb.py", line
>> 9, in <module>
>>     from gobject import register
>>   File "/usr/share/glib-2.0/gdb/gobject.py", line 3, in <module>
>>     import gdb.backtrace
>> ImportError: No module named backtrace
>> #0  0xb7863424 in __kernel_vsyscall ()
>> #1  0xb5ce3c20 in __nanosleep_nocancel () from /lib/libc.so.6
>> #2  0xb5ce3a5e in sleep () from /lib/libc.so.6
>> #3  0xb6f721d2 in ?? () from /usr/lib/libkdeui.so.5
>> #4  0x00000000 in ?? ()
>>
>> I believe that these problems caused by some misconfiguration, but
> [...]

Best regards, AiX 27/249 <i27249@gmail.com>
[Using null methods]