List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Need help with KAuth
From:       "27/249" <i27249 () gmail ! com>
Date:       2010-02-17 16:08:01

Hi all!

I have troubles with getting KAuth work. I'm using mopslinux (this is
slackware-based distro), so first I had to build polkit stuff. I
built:
For old polkit: PolicyKit 0.9, polkit-qt 0.9.3
For polkit-1: polkit 0.96 and polkit-qt-1 0.95.1.

Next I started to build KDE itself.
My first attempt was with official 4.4.0 release, without specifying
any KAuth backend in kdelibs build flags, and I got pseudo-working
KAuth: i can view settings in systemsettings, but I cannot change
anything even with root privilegies. Also, change date/time dialog
says that I have no permission to save settings. In policykit settings
(within systemsettings), there was two branches, one of them controls
date and time control.
Next, I checked out branches/KDE/4.4/ from svn (just 12 hours ago, rev
1091589), and built it with -DKAUTH_BACKEND=PolkitQt-1 (same way as
archlinux maintainers does). Now, there are only one branch in
policykit settings, and calling change date/time dialog causes crash
(unfortunately, trace is really useless):

Application: Модуль настройки KDE (kdeinit4), signal: Segmentation fault
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/usr/share/gdb/auto-load/usr/lib/libgobject-2.0.so.0.2200.4-gdb.py",
line 9, in <module>
    from gobject import register
  File "/usr/share/glib-2.0/gdb/gobject.py", line 3, in <module>
    import gdb.backtrace
ImportError: No module named backtrace
#0  0xb7863424 in __kernel_vsyscall ()
#1  0xb5ce3c20 in __nanosleep_nocancel () from /lib/libc.so.6
#2  0xb5ce3a5e in sleep () from /lib/libc.so.6
#3  0xb6f721d2 in ?? () from /usr/lib/libkdeui.so.5
#4  0x00000000 in ?? ()

I believe that these problems caused by some misconfiguration, but
unfortunately I'm unfamiliar with polkit infrastructure (this was my
first attempt to intergrate this into system).

If you can help me in some way, KDE in MOPSLinux will be really better :)

Thanks a lot.

--
Best regards, AiX 27/249 <i27249@gmail.com>
[Using null methods]