List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: Upstream bugs... (Qt)
From:       Dmitry Suzdalev <dimsuzkde () gmail ! com>
Date:       2009-11-26 15:46:32

On Thursday 26 November 2009 18:35:23 John Tapsell wrote:
> Whoever writes the test case of course :-)
By the way is the minimal test case really required?

I'm asking because there are times when i'm say 70% sure that this is a Qt
bug, but writing a minimal testcase is not always that trivial and/or takes a
lot of time to reproduce the same conditions with minimal example.
And sometimes I simply don't have time/abilities to write it => so i don't
file a bug report.

So the question is: how acceptable is to file a report w/o minimal example,
but with good description? So some person at Nokia tries to reproduce this and
takes care of writing a testcase.

Please note, that I'm not arguing against submitting bugs with minimal pure-qt
testcases, in fact i think this is a way to go in most situations.
But sometimes that's not possible, so I'm asking if it's acceptable to submit
Qt bugs without C++ testcases (like bug reports for KDE) or will these bugs be
rejected?

Cheers,
Dmitry.